- Arizona Cardinals – OT Cody Ford (Oklahoma)
Cody Ford was expected to go off the board on day 1. He would make sense for the Cardinals, who need to protect Kyler Murray better than they protected Josh Rosen. Teams that take a quarterback in the first round unsurprisingly usually use their next pick on another offensive player.
- Indianapolis Colts – WR AJ Brown (Mississippi)
I had the Colts taking AJ Brown at 26 in my mock yesterday. They moved out of that pick, but could still target Brown at 34. He’ll fill a big need for them as a long-term complement to TY Hilton.
- Oakland Raiders – TE Irv Smith (Alabama)
The Raiders have next to nothing at the tight end position. I thought they might address this position with one of their three first rounders, but they can still do so at 35 with Irv Smith, who many expected to go in the first.
- San Francisco 49ers – CB Byron Murphy (Washington)
The 49ers need cornerback help and could have their pick of three cornerbacks (Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, and Rock Ya-Sin) who many expected to go in the first round. DeAndre Baker was the only first round cornerback this year, but some preferred Murphy as the top cornerback in the draft.
- Seattle Seahawks – CB Greedy Williams (LSU)
The Seahawks are another team with a cornerback need that could address it in the early second round. I had the Seahawks taking Greedy Williams at 21 in my mock draft yesterday and he continues to make sense for them.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – OT Jawaan Taylor (Florida)
The Jaguars were linked to Jawaan Taylor with the 7th pick, but Josh Allen fell to them and Taylor ended up falling out of the first round entirely, due to injury concerns. He may not last long on day 2 though and the Jaguars fill a big need by drafting him.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – OLB Jaylon Ferguson (Louisiana Tech)
The Buccaneers could use more edge rush depth, with both Carl Nassib and Shaq Barrett set to hit free agency next off-season. Jaylon Ferguson is a player the Buccaneers have shown a lot of interest in and he should come off the board sometime in the 2nd round.
- Buffalo Bills – CB Rock Ya-Sin (Temple)
Rock Ya-Sin is another cornerback who easily could have gone in the first round. The Bills took fliers on Kevin Johnson and EJ Gaines in free agency as potential starters opposite Tre’Davious White at cornerback, but both players are injury prone and on one-year deals. Rock Ya-Sin can be a long-term starter.
- Denver Broncos – QB Drew Lock (Missouri)
The Broncos clearly weren’t eager to address the quarterback position in the first round, but if they really like Drew Lock as has been rumored they might still be able to him in the 2nd round. The Broncos have talked up Joe Flacco since acquiring him, but they didn’t give much up to get him and it’ll be hard to justify paying him 44.5 million between 2020-2021 when the Broncos could take a development quarterback to start long-term instead.
- Cincinnati Bengals – MLB Mack Wilson (Alabama)
Everyone knew the Bengals wanted to take Devin Bush at 11 in the first round, which is why the Steelers moved up to 10 to take him instead. The Bengals can address their linebacker need on day 2 with a lesser prospect.
- Detroit Lions – CB Lonnie Johnson (Kentucky)
- Green Bay Packers – WR DK Metcalf (Mississippi)
- Los Angeles Rams – C Erik McCoy (Texas A&M)
- Indianapolis Colts – DT Dre’Mont Jones (Ohio State)
- Carolina Panthers – S Juan Thornhill (Virginia)
- Miami Dolphins – C Elgton Jenkins (Mississippi State)
- Cleveland Browns – CB Sean Bunting (Western Michigan)
- Minnesota Vikings – CB Trayvon Mullen (Clemson)
- Tennessee Titans – OLB Jachai Polite (Florida)
- Denver Broncos – WR Deebo Samuel (South Carolina)
- Philadelphia Eagles – WR Parris Campbell (Ohio State)
- Houston Texans – CB JoeJuan Williams (Vanderbilt)
- Houston Texans – RB Damien Harris (Alabama)
- New England Patriots – QB Will Grier (West Virginia)
- Philadelphia Eagles – RB Darrell Henderson (Memphis)
- Dallas Cowboys – TE Dawson Knox (Mississippi)
- Indianapolis Colts – MLB Te’Von Coney (Notre Dame)
- Los Angeles Chargers – OT Greg Little (Mississippi)
- Kansas City Chiefs – CB Julian Love (Notre Dame)
- New Orleans Saints – WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside (Stanford)
- Kansas City Chiefs – S Kacey Gardner-Johnson (Florida)
- New England Patriots – DT Isaiah Buggs (Alabama)